I love crepes, they’re light, easy to make, it uses everyday ingredients and you can serve it as a sweet treat or as a savoury meal.
This crepe recipe is literally as easy as one, two and three! Special thanks to Peter for making this for breakfast!
1-2-3 Crepes with Sugar & Cinnamon (Makes 6-7)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- Olive oil or butter for greasing pan
- Ground Cinnamon
- Sift flour into a bowl. (This step is really important!) Whisk milk and eggs together in a separate bowl. Add this mixture to the sifted flour, stir until combined.
- Swirl olive oil/butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Pour batter into the pan and ensure that the batter evenly & lightly coats the surface of the pan. Cook for approximately 3 minutes (or until light brown) then flip & cook the other side until it is again light brown.
- Plate up & serve with a sprinkle of sugar & cinnamon
Some alternate toppings/fillings are:
- SWEET: Sugar & a squeeze of fresh lemon /Chocolate sauce with strawberries /Honey & toasted nuts
- SAVOURY: Ham, cheese & pineapple / Chicken & Mushroom filling with grilled cheddar cheese on top of the crepe