My family visited this restaurant whilst Peter & I were away in April, they have since raved on about the food & the hot chocolate at Tipico, so I had a high expectations before the visit. On arrival, my impressions were: modern looking, good lighting and a decorated woodfire oven.
Tipico is currently offering a regional cuisine menu, featuring a different region of Italy each month. For the month of July, we had the opportunity of tasting a the flavours of Umbria.
Since we had a group of seven, we were able to order a range of dishes to share.
Here’s what we ordered:
- Pizza Bianca – Pizza with garlic, herbs & olive oil ($9)
- Linguine Boscaiola – Homemade fettuccine with mushroom pancetta in a creamy sauce ($19)
- Spaghetti Chitarra ai Frutti di Mare – Homemade long pasta with mixed seafood with cherry tomatoes, garlic & chilli ($23.50)
- Umbria regional dish – Risotto with Italian sausage, mixed mushrooms and truffle oil ($22)
- Calzone Pizza – folded pizza with tomato, mozzarella,ricotta and ham ($19.50)
- Prosciutto Pizza – mozzarella and tomato, topped with rocket, parma prosciutto crudo and shaved parmigiano ($21)
- Pugliese Pizza – tomato, mozzarella, tuna, Spanish onion, capers and chilli ($20)
- Italian Hot Chocolate – thick hot chocolate drink ($4)
Overall, Tipico lived up to expectations, they offered great hospitality, the servings were generous and the food was well presented & delicious.
My favourite dish was Spaghetti Chitarra ai Frutti di Mare as the spaghetti was not only homemade, but hand rolled; the risotto from Umbria was a delight, the folded Calzone Pizza was something different and the thick hot chocolate was a nice way to end the night.
Tipico Pizzeria Ristorante
86 Great North Road, Five Dock
(02) 9713 5122