Kenny doesn’t like to follow recipes, he likes to throw in whatever he finds in the fridge and turns it into a dish. Kenny’s sister Karen sometimes says “the dish tastes good, just don’t ask Kenny what’s in it..” I remember one of the first times we cooked together -Kenny decided to add peanut butter in our sushi… and it tasted alright!
Well this is Kenny & Kerry’s twist to a Jamie Oliver dish which uses similar ingredients – but instead of cooking it in the oven, this dish was slowly cooked over a stove.
This dish looks vibrant, and even though they added 3 BULBS of garlic (that’s right, not cloves!) the garlic didn’t overpower the dish.
Here’s their recipe:
Kenny & Kerry’s Slow Cooked Chicken & Tomatoes Medley (Serves 6-8)
- 2 kg chicken drumsticks
- 2 large punnets of tomato medley (mixture of different coloured cherry tomatoes) – half tomatoes
- 3 bulbs of garlic – slightly crushed with the edge of a knife so that the garlic opens up and all its taste goes into the sauce, but retains its shape
- Salt for seasoning
- Parsley leaves for garnishing (optional)
- Wash chicken drumsticks and season well with salt
- Put chicken drumsticks; crushed garlic and tomatoes into a large pot and add water until it covers all the ingredients
- Cover with water and slow cook on low-medium heat until chicken falls off the bones (about 1.5 hours)
- Serve & enjoy!
This post is related to Cooking Crew Feast.