My aunt enjoys a bowl of authentic Italian pasta and a slice of woodfired pizza, so it’s a good thing that she lives in Haberfield – home to a number of good Italian restaurants.
It was a rather quiet night on Ramsay street when we visited Il Locale on a Sunday evening for a family get together, there were just a couple of other patrons dining at Il Locale when we arrived at 7.30. The first thing I noticed on arrival was the backdrop at the bar, the pattern and colour reminded me of the toffee layer of a creme brûlée (my photo doesn’t give the full snapshot).
Feeling hungry, we ordered the following to share:
- Tagliere for Two – Chef’s selection of cured meats, olives, stuffed capsicum served with Grissini sticks ($30)
- Garlic Pizza Crust served with Italian dips ($14)
- Pumpkin Ravioli with butter and sage sauce ($22)
- Spaghetti Marinara ($25)
- Riso Scampi – Risotto cooked in red sauce with scampi and crabmeat ($28)
- Pollo Toscana Pizza – Grilled Tuscan Chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, olive puree, roasted onions and fetta ($24)
- Haiwaiian Pizza – Ham & Pineapple ($18)
- Mixed Gelato – 3 scoops of gelato ($10)
- Hot chocolate ($4)
Il Locale was a nice restaurant to dine at, the interior was modern and pleasant. In terms of food, my favourites included the beautiful cheese that came with the Anti Pasti, the Riso Scampi which was tasty but I didn’t notice the crabmeat, I also enjoyed the gelato (hazelnut, pistachio and chocolate) but the scoops were a bit too small.
94 Ramsay Rd, Haberfield
(02) 9797 8966