Basil’s Seafood Restaurant is a hidden gem in Marsfield. I first discovered this with my family a couple of years ago when my dad received a gift voucher for Basil’s as a Christmas gift for being on a school board.
I recently visited Basil’s again, this time for lunch to celebrate a friend’s birthday and to catch up. The three of us decided to have their $39 lunch special which was a 2-course menu with a glass of NZ wine.
As there were three of us and three selections for both Entree & Main, we ordered everything…
- (Entree) Salt & Pepper Squid – Lightly fried with dry roast spices and served with chilli, lime and garlic sauce
- (Entree) Prawns & Scallop Risotto – Fresh green prawns and scallops with saffron and a touch of garlic
- (Entree) Char grilled Vegetable Stack – Seasonal vegetables layered with haloumi and drizzled with aioli
- (Main) Atlantic Salmon Fillet– Lightly grilled salmon fillet served with a light Meuniere sauce
- (Main) Empire King Fish
- (Main) Chicken Gamberie – Chicken breast fillet sauteed and flambeed with Pernod, dried tomatoes, asparagus and cream sauce
As you can see, the servings were large and generous (even the Entree looked like a Main!!) My favourite dish was the Salt & Pepper Squid which was seasoned well and not deep-fried. I also enjoyed the Prawns & Scallop Risotto which can be ordered as a Main dish from the menu. We slowly ate our way through the two courses, and whilst our eyes desired the beautiful desserts that were brought to us on a display plate, we passed it.
Basil’s offer fresh seafood, a comfortable environment to dine at with friends & family and the waitstaff are generally hospitable.
Basil’s Seafood Restaurant
Shop 3, 4 Trafalgar Pl, Marsfield
(02) 9876 6617