Here’s what the five of us ordered to share:
- Jool’s Favourite Sicilian Tuna Fusilli Albacore tuna slow-cooked with tomatoes, garlic, herbs & cinnamon with crunchy, herby breadcrumbs ($12 Entree/$18.50 Main)
- Sausage Pappardelle Slow-braised fennel sausage ragù with red wine, Parmesan & crunchy, herby breadcrumbs ($12 Entree/$18 Main)
- Wild Truffle Risotto Finely minced black truffle with butter & Parmesan. ($13.50 Entree/$22 Main)
- Wild Mushroom Ravioli Filled with garlic, wild mushrooms & artisanal ricotta, served with a rich mushroom & tomato sauce ($12.50 Entree/$19 Main)
- Seafood Bucatini tubular spaghetti steamed in a bag with crab, mussels, clams, squid, scallops, capers, chilli, garlic, white wine & juicy sweet tomatoes ($29.50)
- New Zealand King Salmon slow cooked with asparagus, courgette & mascarpone sauce with house-made gigli pasta ($? Main/$13 Entree – Blackboard Special)
- Apple Slaw with Radishes, walnuts, candied beets, mint & lemon with yoghurt ($7.50)
It’s hard to pinpoint a favourite dish, however I enjoyed – Jool’s Favourite Sicilian Tuna Fusilli (I loved the breadcrumbs that we got to sprinkle ourselves) Wild Truffle Risotto (simple dish with lovely flavours!) I also really enjoyed the Sausage Pappardelle with its herbs and slow-braised meat tossed through a pasta with amazing textures.
We shared the following desserts at the end of our meal:
- Tiramisu Coffee-flavoured trifle with orange mascarpone & chocolate ($9.50)
- Chocolate & Vin Santo Pot with hazelnut biscotti & zabaglione ice cream ($9)
We loved orange tang to the Tiramisu and the fact that it wasn’t too rich. The Chocolate & Vin Santo Pot was a delight and a great treat to finish the night.
Jamie’s Italian is worth visiting even with the queues as the prices are very reasonable for good food. I can’t think of somewhere else in Sydney where you can dine at a celebrity chef restaurant and pay $150 for five people.
107 Pitt St, Sydney
(02) 8240 9000