This week marks the first birthday of Foodsaurus. A big thank you to everyone who has supported this food blog over the past year!
A few weeks ago, I returned to Azuma at Chifley Square where this blog started. Instead of having their degustation menu, my mum, my aunt and I went there for their Tokyo High Tea. With the amount of food that was served, it might as well had been a degustation!
The Tokyo High Tea included all of the following for $26 per person:
- Salad rolls with asparagus, avocado, cucumber & shiso leaf piquant salmon canapés
- Sushi rolls of avocado & cucumber topped with spicy salmon
- Homemade scone & assortment of chiffon cake with seasonal fruit conserve & chantilly cream
- Seasonal fruit salad with champagne jelly
- Crème brulee
- Rolled green tea cake
- Gateau Chocolat
- Your choice of coffee/tea (I had a green tea cappuccino!)
It’s hard to pick a favourite out of all of these bite-sized treats. My mum especially enjoyed the soft and fluffy chocolate chiffon cake. I personally thought that the spicy salmon sushi roll, champagne jelly fruit salad and the rolled green tea cake gave Azuma’s high tea a good twist.
Azuma’s high tea menu will be available on weekdays between 2-5pm until the end of August.
Azuma Japanese Restaurant
Level 1, Chifley Plaza, Chifley Square, Sydney
(02) 9222 9960
Related Foodsaurus Posts: Azuma Sydney – Degustation